- Tsunami warning centre in Jakarta handed over to BMKG: we developed the software (SeisComP3), which within 5 minutes provides an estimate of earthquake location and magnitude, the primary input for the decision whether to raise an initial tsunami alarm (2007)
- Installation of a 30 stations seismic real-time network in Indonesia and other Indian Ocean countries (2008).
- Establishment of a global earthquake monitoring system at GFZ as background centre for Indonesia and other tsunami/earthquake centres in the Indian O. and Mediterranean (2008)Opening of the Virtual European Broadband Seismic Network (VEBSN), the major GEOFON coordinated activity of the MEREDIAN EU project, which provides presently access to more than 500 European broadband stations in real-time (2006)
- Opening of the German and European Integrated Data Archives (GIDA and EIDA), which connects and synchronizes the major seismic data archives in Europe and provides unified and transparent web access to users (GIDA: 2006, EIDA: 2010)
- IPOC plate boundary observatory consisting of 18 multiparameter stations (16 online) handed over to Chile (2010).