Dr. Ayman MohsenHelmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section 2.2, Geophysical Deep Sounding
Telegrafenberg, E 326
Phone: +49 331 288 1804
Fax: +49 331 288 1277
- Investigating the crust and upper mantle using the Receiver Function Method.
- Careful re-localization of earthquake hypocenters and determining fault-plane solutions
- Hazard Assessment.
- Applied geophysics in the fields of Water and Environment.
- Other geophysical studies.
- since 04/2000 Presently at the GeoForschungsZentrum/Potsdam, as a seismologist.
- 08/1996- 02/2000 Palestinian Water Authority, as a Hydrogeophysicist.
- 1994-1995 Geophysical field project in the Jordan valley with Prof.Dr. Zuhair El-Isa, Jordan university.
- 1994 Research project with Prof.Dr. Najib Abo-Karaki, Microseismicity survey, Jordan university.
- since 2004 Ph. D in Geosciences from Freie univesity/Berlin, Germany
Title of my thesis "A receiver function study of the crust and upper mantle across the Dead SeaTransform"
- since 1995 M. SC in Geology and Geophysics from Jordan univesity/Jordan
Title of the thesis "Seismicity of Zarqa Ma'in, Jordan during the period of (1983-1991)"
- since 1991 B. Sc. in Earth and Environmental Sciences from Yarmouk university/Jordan
MembershipsA member of the Palestinian Geological Association
A member of the European Geosciences Union