Dr. Dino BindiHelmholtz Centre Potsdam
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
Section 2.1, Earthquake Risk and Early Warning
Helmholtzstraße 7, H7 104
Phone: +49 331 288 1287
Calibration of Ground Motion Prediction Equation; development of local magnitude scales; spectral analysis of local earthquakes;Seismic hazard assessment; Site effects estimation.
EMCA - Earthquake Model Central Asia (GEM regional project)
REAKT – strategies and tools for Real time EArthquake risK reducTion
|Scientist at GFZ (Section 2.1), funded by REAKT
Scientist at GFZ (Section 2.1), funded by CEDIM (Centre for Disaster Management)
|09/2009-12/2011||Senior scientist at INGV-Milan|
|03/2002-09/2009||Scientist at INGV-Milan (Italy)|
|02/2000–02/2002||Assistent Researcher at University of Genoa (Italy)|
||PhD in Geophysics (University of Genoa) with thesis
"Inverse problems in seismology: source time function isolation and site effect detection"
|1989-1996||Diploma in Physics (University of Genoa, Italy)|
- Bindi. D., S. Parolai, A. Oth, K Abdrakhmatov, A. Muraliev, and J. Zschau.
Intensity prediction equations for Central Asia, Geophysical Journal International, Early view online.
- Bindi D., Pacor F., Luzi L., Puglia R., Massa M., G. Ameri and R. Paolucci.
Ground Motion Prediction Equations Derived from the Italian Strong Motion Data Base, Bull. Earthquake Engineering, online first.
- Picozzi, M., S. Parolai, M. Mucciarelli, C. Milkereit, D. Bindi, R. Ditommaso, M. Vona, M.R. Gallipoli, and J. Zschau.
Interferometric Analysis of Strong Ground Motion for Structural Health Monitoring: the Example of the L'Aquila (Italy) Seismic Sequence, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol. 101, No. 2, 635–651
- Ameri, G., D. Bindi, F. Pacor, and F. Galadini.
The 2009 April 6, Mw 6.3, L’Aquila (Central Italy) earthquake: finite-fault effects on intensity data, Geophysical Journal International
- Oth, A., S. Parolai and D. Bindi.
Spectral Analysis of K-NET and KiK-net Data in Japan, Part I: Database Compilation and Peculiarities, Bulletin of Seismological Soc.of America, Vol. 101, No. 2, pp. 652–666
- Oth, A., D. Bindi and S Parolai.
Spectral Analysis of K-NET and KiK-net Data in Japan, Part II: On attenuation characteristics, source spectra and site response of borehole and surface stations, Bulletin of Seismological Soc.of America, Vol. 101, No. 2, pp. 667–687
- Bindi, D., M. Mayfield, S. Parolai, S. Tyagunov, U.T. Begaliev, K. Abdrakhmatov, B. Moldobekov, J. Zschau.
Towards an improved seismic risk scenario for Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic., Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 31, 521-525
- Bindi D., L. Luzi, S. Parolai, D. Di Giacomo, and G. Monachesi.
Site effects observed in alluvial basins: the case of Norcia (Central Italy), Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
- Bindi, D., F. Pacor, L. Luci, and R. Paolucc.
Identification of accelerometric stations in ITACA with distinctive features in their seismic response, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering/li>
- Ameri, G , A. Oth, M. Pilz, D. Bindi, S. Parolai, L. Luzi, M. Mucciarelli, and G. Cultrera.
Separation of source and site effects by generalized inversion technique using the aftershock recordings of the 2009 L’Aquila earthquake, Bulletin of earthquake engineering
- Strollo, A., S. Parolai, D. Bindi, L. Chiauzzi, R. Pagliuca, M. Mucciarelli and J. Zschau.
Microzonation of Potenza (Southern Italy) in terms of spectral intensity ratio using joint analysis of earthquakes and ambient noise, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
- Luzi, L., R. Puglia, F. Pacor, M Gallipoli, D. Bindi, and M. Mucciarelli.
Proposal for a soil classification based on parameters altenative or complementary to Vs30, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
- Cantore L., A. Oth, S. Parolai and D. Bindi.
Attenuation, source parameters, and site effects in the Irpinia-Basilicata region (southern Apennines, Italy), Journal of Seismology