Geoinformatics 2008 provided an international forum for researchers and educators from earth and planetary sciences, and information technology/computer science to present new data, data analysis or modelling techniques, visualization schemes or technologies as they relate to developing the cyberinfrastructure for the geosciences.
The conference was held 11-13 June 2008 at GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ) in Potsdam, Germany.
Enabling Global Collaboration in Geoscience
Discovery, integration, management, and visualization of geoscience data with the goal of improving our understanding of the processes that have shaped the earth and our environment over time were highlighted at the Geoinformatics 2008 Conference, held 11-13 June 2008 at GeoForschungsZentrum Potsdam (GFZ) in Potsdam, Germany.
- Changing Earth: Global challenges and informatics based solutions
- Globalisation of Geoinformatics: Developing Collaboration to Sustain Growth
- Tools and services for the Geosciences
- Dealing with data: Technologies and policies
- Future research directions in geoinformatics
The proceedings of Geoinformatics 2008 can be downloaded from the United States Geological Survey:
Brady, Shailaja R, A. Krishna Sinha, u. a. (2008), Geoinformatics 2008—Data to Knowledge, Proceedings, USGS, Reston, VA. [online] Available from: http://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2008/5172/