Job Vacancy No. 32/4/12 G
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national Research Centre for Geosciences in Germany and a member of the Helmholtz Association.
Section 4.2 “Inorganic and Isotope Geochemistry” of Department 4 “Chemistry and Material Cycles” invites applications for a
Technical Assistant (m/f)
The successful applicant will support the installation, operation and maintenance of a Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometer (SIMS) Cameca 1280-HR.
- Active support in the installation of the SIMS 1280-HR
- Maintenance and repair of the electronic, vacuum and software components of the SIMS facility
- Designing and construction of peripheral instrumentation associated with the SIMS 1280-HR
- Cooperation with scientific staff in the development and brining into operation of full remote operability of the SIMS instrument
- Providing technical advice and support of other SIMS facilities within the Helmholtz Association
- Tertiary degree in one of the fields: electrical engineering, electronics design, physics or a related field or an equivalent qualification
- Experience working with mass spectrometers or with micro-analytical instrumentation, knowledge of ultra-high vacuum systems to advantage
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of complex laboratory instrumentation, and in particular the repair of mass spectrometers
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer programming, and in particular in the use of lab view
- Good English language skills
- Good team skills
|Date||As soon as possible|
|Salary||EG 9 TVöD-O|
Dr. Michael Wiedenbeck
Prof. Dr. Joerg Erzinger
|Application period||Evaluation will begin 2 weeks after the announcement of the position and will continue until the position is filled.|
Equal opportunity is part of our personnel policy. The GFZ Potsdam encourages applications from qualified female candidates.
There is a kindergarten service available.
Handicapped applicants will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
The position is in principle suitable for a part-time employment.
Please submit your applications, stating the above given code no. 32/4/12 G to:
- Personal- und Sozialwesen -
Email Please apply exclusively to email@example.com.
Please contact us under +49 (0) 331-288-28787 if you have any questions.