Job Vacancy No. 06/5/13 G
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national Research Centre for Geosciences in Germany and a member of the Helmholtz Association.
Department 5 “Earth Surface Processes”, Section 5.4 “Hydrology”, invites applications for the position of an
Engineer / Technician (m/f).
Changes of the water cycle from local to global scales are subject of research in Section 5.4. In the field of hydrogravimetry, ground- and satellite-based gravimetric techniques are applied to assess variations in continental water storage. The application of (super-conducting) gravimeters as an innovative hydrological tool is developed in ongoing and future research activities in close co-operation with Department 1 (Geodesy and Remote Sensing).
- Installation and operation of (super-conducting) gravimeters
- Design, installation and operation of hydro-meteorological monitoring stations
- Data analysis and quality control of the monitoring systems, development of optimized configurations for the deployment of gravimeters
- Preparation and operation of field measurement campaigns
- Degree in geodesy, geophysics, electrical engineering or a comparable qualification in the field of geosciences or engineering
- Fluency in German and English
- Programming skills (e.g., R or Matlab)
- Experience with the operation of gravimeters and/or hydro-meteorological or geophysical monitoring systems
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team and to participate in field campaigns
- Driving license
|Date||As soon as possible|
|Duration||2 years, option for permanent position|
|Salary||EG 10 to 11 TVöD-O, depending on qualification|
Dr. Andreas Güntner
|Application period||Evaluation will begin 2 weeks after the announcement of the position and will continue until the position is filled.|
Equal opportunity is part of our personnel policy. The GFZ Potsdam encourages applications from qualified female candidates.
There is a kindergarten service available.
Handicapped applicants will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
The position is in principle suitable for a part-time employment.
Please submit your applications, stating the above given code no. 06/5/13 G to:
- Personal- und Sozialwesen -
Email Please apply exclusively to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us under +49 (0) 331-288-28787 if you have any questions.