Job Vacancy No. 07/5/13 G
The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national Research Centre for Geosciences in Germany and a member of the Helmholtz Association.
Department 5 “Earth Surface Processes”, Section 5.4 “Hydrology”, invites applications for a
PhD position (m/f)
with the focus on hydro-gravimetry.
Changes of the water cycle from local to global scales are subject of research in Section 5.4. In the field of hydro-gravimetry, ground- and satellite-based gravimetric techniques are applied to assess variations in continental water storage. The application of (super-conducting) gravimeters as an innovative hydrological tool is developed in ongoing and future research activities in close co-operation with Department 1 (Geodesy and Remote Sensing).
- Contribution to the installation and maintenance of hydrological monitoring networks and gravimeters
- Analysis of water storage variations based on gravimetric and complementary data and hydro-geophysical modelling
- Contribution to the development of (super-conducting) gravimeters as hydrological monitoring devices
- Presentation and publication of scientific results
- Master/Diplom in hydrology, geodesy, geophysics, environmental sciences or similar
- Experimental background and experience with catchment hydrology, unsaturated zone hydrology and/or gravimetric techniques
- Willingness to work in the field
- Programming skills (e.g., R or Matlab)
- Motivation to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Good command of English language, German is an asset
- Driver’s license
|Date||As soon as possible|
|Salary||75% EG 13 TVöD-O|
Dr. Andreas Güntner
|Application period||Evaluation will begin two weeks after the announcement of the position and will continue until the position is filled.|
Equal opportunity is part of our personnel policy. The GFZ Potsdam encourages applications from qualified female candidates.
There is a kindergarten service available.
Handicapped applicants will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
Please submit your applications, stating the above given code no. 07/5/13 G to:
- Personal- und Sozialwesen -
Email Please apply exclusively to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us under +49 (0) 331-288-28787 if you have any questions.