Library use at location Pappelallee
Some hints, how to use the library from PIK location Pappelallee:
- for all kinds of questions call the helpdesk (-2542) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- books on our shelves: send a short mail to email@example.com (you can also use your web account to place orders), we look for the book, we register the book on your name and send it to you. You will receive an e-mail when the book is given into internal housemail to Pappelallee (please reply this mail as a evidence of receipt, when the book has arrived).
Please return the book in an envelope (by internal housemail to PIK-library, A31).
Your account <http://bib21.gfz-potsdam.de:8080/webOPACClient/start.do?StartPage=UserAccount> helps to keep an overview and gives the possibility to extend the loan period.
- You need an article which is only available in a print issue in the library? Just send us a short mail and we will scan it.
- Books and articles which are not available on the Telegrafenberg you can order, as you are used to, via interlibrary loan.
- The library comes to you! Please ask for presentations and small workshops on subjects like electronic services, how to search databases like Web of Science, citation analysis, Open Access, DOI for data, Creative Commons, reference systems (and more).